k. Can I submit an application if I have interrupted my scientific career in favour of working in a practical field? Does the SNSF offer any specific funding opportunities for such cases?

You can submit a grant application if you are currently employed at a university of applied sciences or a university of teacher education.

At this point in time we do not offer any schemes for researchers who wish to return to academic research.