I have a Master's degree and/or am doing a doctorate. In addition, I am independently conducting research work. Am I eligible for an International Short Visit?

In principle, you need to have a doctoral degree. In exceptional cases, several years of research experience and a corresponding position may be considered the equivalent of a doctoral degree.