b) Is it possible during the stay abroad of a Doc.Mobility fellowship to return or stay in a research location that is the same as the place where one was educated?

A further stay or return at the institution of education, where the bachelor's or master's degree (or equivalent) was obtained, is formally not possible. Doctoral students matriculated abroad must move to a new institution for the fellowship. However, a research stay at the same geographic location (e.g. city) but at a different institution (other than the institution of education or institution of matriculation as a doctoral student) is formally possible. In this context, it should nevertheless be noted that the expected extent of mobility represents an important evaluation criterion. It is a primary aim of the mobility fellowships to promote the mobility and related aspects (promotion of the scientific independence, improvement of the scientific/academic profile).