I intend to write a doctoral thesis in the domain of the Universities of applied sciences (UAS) and universities of teacher education (UTE), and will be enrolled at a higher education institution abroad. Can I submit an application for a Doc.CH grant?

Yes, if a close collaboration between the higher education institution abroad and an UAS or UTE in Switzerland is documented. You must be employed at the UAS or UTE in Switzerland. With regard to the evaluation procedure for the 1st phase, applicants must contact the Administration Offices of the SNSF as soon as possible, but at all events preferably at least 2 months prior to the submission deadline.