What kind of degree must I have in order to be able to apply for a Doc.CH grant?

The Master degree you have acquired (Master's or equivalent) from a higher education institution in Switzerland which gives you access to doctoral studies in the humanities and social sciences at a Swiss university. If you have a foreign degree, you may still apply for a Doc.CH grant if you are a Swiss national. The Master's you have done must comprise 90 or 120 ECTS credits (1 ½ or 2 years of full-time study). The Masters of Advanced Studies - MAS (at least 60 ECTS credits or 1 year of full-time study) and other postgraduate certificates do not allow you access to doctoral studies and are as such not sufficient to apply for a Doc.CH grant.