2d) Do I need to have a minimum FTE or work-time percentage as a researcher in order to be eligible to submit a proposal to the SNSF?

​​​Yes, the research work, along with any academic teaching activities, must correspond to at least 50% FTE (being employed as a visiting lecturer is not regarded as an employment relationship and is therefore not counted). Researchers devoting less than 50% of their time to science are eligible to submit an application if their scientific research and teaching activities are normally carried out as part of another professional activity (this applies in particular to clinicians as well as employees at museums and archives).