3a) Do I need to work a certain number of hours to be eligible to submit a project funding application?

Yes, the research work, along with any scientific teaching activities, must constitute the equivalent of at least 50% FTE (being engaged as a lecturer is not regarded as an employment relationship and is therefore not counted). Researchers devoting less than 50% of their time to scientific activities are eligible to submit an application if their scientific research and teaching activities are usually carried out as part of another professional activity (this is specifically geared to clinicians as well as employees at museums and archives).