What should I do if no document server exists?

If your home institution does not offer a repository, verify if it is possible to store your publication in a discipline-specific repository. The Directory of Open Access Repositories (OpenDOAR) - which lists all institutional and discipline-specific repositories worldwide - will help you.  Your enquiry about the status of a repository at your home institution may possibly help speed up its establishment. It is also possible to store the publication on your personal website or, for journal articles, to publish directly in an OA journal (gold road).