National Research Council of the SNSF
The National Research Council of the SNSF evaluates several thousand applications each year and makes funding decisions. It is composed of distinguished researchers who mostly work at Swiss institutions of higher education.
The Research Council comprises the following four divisions:
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Mathematics, Natural and Engineering Sciences
- Biology and Medicine
Three Specialised Committees are responsible for cross-divisional matters:
- International Co-operation
- Interdisciplinary Research.
In addition to the permanent commissions "Gender Equality in Research Funding" and "Research Integrity", the Research Council can establish specialised commissions and panels that can fulfil specific evaluation tasks.
The Presiding Board consists of the President of the Research Council and the Presidents of the divisions and specialised committees. It supervises and coordinates the work of the Research Council and drafts science policy recommendations for submission to the Foundation Council. It focuses mainly on funding policy, the elaboration of funding schemes, evaluation methods and the distribution of funds across the individual scientific disciplines.
- Searching Members Research Council
- Organisational Regulations of the National Research Council (PDF, 168 KB) (PDF)Document in English, for information purposes only
- Election to the National Research Council
- Election Regulations for the National Research Council (PDF, 155 KB) (PDF)Document in English, for information purposes only
- Regulations on grants for research semesters for members of the Research Council who leave office (PDF, 125 KB) (PDF)Document in English, for information purposes only