JPND JTC call 2023 - EU Joint Programme on Neurodegenerative Disease Research
The EU Joint Programme – Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) is launching a transnational call for large-scale analysis of OMICS data for drug-target finding in neurodegenerative diseases.
The JPND, which aims to support transnational collaboration on neurodegenerative disease research, is launching a call for proposals on "Large-scale analysis of OMICS data for drug-target finding in neurodegenerative diseases".
This joint transnational call is aimed at better understanding the complex and multifactorial pathogenesis of neurodegenerative diseases through multi-OMICS and big data approaches designed to find new drug targets and target biomarkers for the development of tailored and personalised treatment approaches.
Proposals submitted under this call may include, but are not limited to, the following types of research:
- Using the potential from existing animal and cellular models and cohorts, including available data and biomaterial, for conducting large-scale OMICS approaches to unravel the interplay and interactions of molecules from multiple molecular levels driving disease pathogenesis;
- Better understanding the complex and multi-factorial mechanisms of disease onset and progression as well as the corresponding influencing factors;
- Translating the findings from big data analysis and multi-OMICS approaches to existing animal and cellular models, thereby enhancing the potential of these models;
- Identifying new drug targets or novel starting points for pharmacological interventions and prevention;
- Sharpening the current understanding of disease definition in order to achieve enhanced sub-classification and better patient stratification;
- Identifying novel and validating already established biomarkers.
The neurodegenerative diseases addressed by the call are Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, Parkinson’s disease and PD-related disorders, prion diseases, motor neuron diseases, Huntington’s disease, spinocerebellar ataxia and spinal muscular atrophy.
Pre-proposals must be submitted no later than 12:00 noon CET on 7 March 2023 via the electronic submission tool.
Full proposals must be submitted no later than 12:00 noon CEST on 27 June 2023 via the electronic submission tool.