Enlargement contribution for Bulgaria
Cooperation with Eastern Europe
The Bulgarian-Swiss Research Programme (BSRP) is aimed at research groups in Switzerland and in Bulgaria who wish to conduct a joint research project. A single call was opened for the programme on 15 November 2011 and closed on 15 March 2012.
A total of 47 applications were submitted for the BSRP, of which 13 were approved; total funding amounted to CHF 4.2 million (85% from the Swiss side, 15% from the Bulgarian side).
SNSF is cooperating with the Science Directorate (SD) of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Science (MEYS) to implement the programme. The funded projects will address the following topics:
- Ecological forestry/farming and waste management;
- Social disparities and regional differences;
- Drug development.
The requirements and procedures for participating in the BSRP are set out in the relevant call document.
Submission of proposals
The applications must be submitted via the mySNF platform.
The 13 projects were started in 2012 and will be completed by 2016. Most of the projects have already presented their initial results in scientific journals and at international conferences. The following fact sheets offer general information about each of the 13 projects (objectives, activities, expected results, principal investigators and institutions involved) as part of the visibility efforts of the Swiss-Bulgarian Cooperation Programme (SBCP).
- Design of modified immunoglobulin preparations with additionally induced polyspecificity for passive immunotherapy of sepsis (PDF)
- Identification of genes that regulate plant tolerance to adverse abiotic factors (PDF)
- Valorisation of industrial wastewater: biologically active substances from side products of rose oil distillation (PDF)
- Migration and Transnationalism between Switzerland and Bulgaria: Assessing (PDF)
- Social disparities and regional differences in school-to-work transitions in Bulgaria (PDF)
- Land-use and management impacts on carbon sequestration in mountain ecosystems (PDF)
- Addressing socio-economic regional disparities: the potential of organic farm-ing for strengthening rural areas in Bulgaria (Bulgaria Organic) (PDF)
- Arsenic contamination of Ogosta river: Linking biogeochemical processes in floodplain soils with river system dynamics (ASCOR) (PDF)
- Ex situ conservation and standardized biotechnological yield of potential phytopharmaceuticals of valuable Balkan medicinal plant germplasm (PDF)
- The dynamic nature of interethnic attitudes in Bulgaria: a social psychological perspective (PDF)
- Subalpine forest development in Bulgarian Mountain Forests under climate change (PDF)
- Prenylquinones and carotenoids - potential mediators of tolerance of higher plants to combined light and temperature stress (PDF)
- Innovative phosphorus recovery from waste sludge (PDF)