Sino-Swiss Science and Technology Cooperation
Research cooperation with China
In the context of the Sino-Swiss Science and Technology Cooperation (SSSTC), the SNSF and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) launched a third call for Joint Research Projects (JRPs).
Joint Research Projects (JRPs) allow researchers in Switzerland to collaborate with researchers in China. The projects will have a duration of four years, with funding on the Swiss side amounting to a maximum of CHF 350,000 per project. The costs covered by the grants are comparable to those covered in national SNSF projects (equipment, research funds, salaries).
The following topics were addressed in the call:
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Management Sciences
- Health Sciences
The call was open from 24 March to 18 June 2021 (mySNF submission deadline). The submitted applications were jointly evaluated by the SNSF and the NSFC in China. In total, 14 projects could be funded. The SNSF covers the costs for the Swiss part of the research, and the NSFC the costs incurred in China.
Call in 2019
The call focused on the following areas of research:
- Surface earth system science
- Air quality and health (related)
The call was open from 25 February to 23 May 2019. The 14 eligible proposals were jointly evaluated by the SNSF and the NSFC. A total of 5 projects could be funded. The SNSF covers the costs of CHF 1.6 million for the Swiss part of the research, and the NSFC will finance the costs occurred in China.
The participation requirements are set out in the relevant call document.
- Call document 2021 (PDF) (PDF)
- List of funded projects 2016 (PDF)
- List of funded projects 2019 (PDF)
- List of panel members 2019 (PDF)
- Guidelines for lifetime management (PDF, 332 KB) (PDF)
- Explication obligations (german) (PDF)
- Explication obligations (french) (PDF)
- Template for scientific report (DOC, 105 KB) (Word)
- General documents & downloads